“Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress and working together is success.”
Meet the team
Miss Vicky Walker: SENDco
Mrs Diane Gillespie: Parent Support Advisor
Mrs Rebecca Clarke: Learning Mentor
At Mapplewell Primary school our aim is to provide first class emotional health and wellbeing for all our pupils and their families. All staff work as a team to help pupils achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally.
Our school's inclusion team work with pupils and parents/carers to provide additional support where required to break down individual barriers to learning.
Throughout school every effort is made to remove obstacles to successful learning and equip our pupils with the confidence and skills to be enthusiastic learners and effective members of the community.
Collaboratively our aims are:
- To provide pupils with a safe environment which will help support their emotional health and wellbeing.
- To encourage our pupils to work together as a team and support each other through collaborative learning.
- To meet the differing needs of our pupils and encourage them to have the confidence to succeed socially and emotionally which will empower their academic abilities.
- To promote positive relationships with families/carers and encourage good communication and interaction to best support our pupils.
- To enhance parental awareness of how children learn and how we as a school can best support their child in achieving academic success.
- To support our families through challenging times.
- To work with a range of stakeholders, parents/carers, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.
As a team we value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our school. Together we nurture our pupils to provide an inclusive education for all.
We are happy to speak to any pupils, parents/carers about any concerns they may have.
For additional SENDco information please refer to the SEND page.