PE & Sport Premium
At Mapplewell Primary School we recognise that one of the key contributors to the overall well-being of any pupil, both academically and physically, is PE & sport. We believe that good quality PE and sport can help develop key life skills of our pupils, such as: resilience, independence, cooperation, communication, confidence and aspiration. We strongly believe in creating a fun and supportive, yet competitive environment which allows our pupils to learn and develop a lifelong interest in sport and exercise.
We are members of Team Activ and all of pupils in school have the opportunity to compete in various events.
Purpose of the PE & Sport Premium Grant
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport you offer. This means that you should use the premium to:
- Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
- Build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years.
Funding should not be used to:
- Employ coaches or specialist teachers to cover planning preparation and assessment (PPA) arrangements - these should come out of core staffing budgets
- Teach the minimum requirements of the national curriculum - including those specified for swimming (or, in the case of academies and free schools, to teach your existing PE curriculum)
PE & Sport Premium Spending Plan
At Mapplewell Primary School, the PE and Sports funding is spent in a variety of ways with the direct and explicit aim of making additional sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. We aim to spend the funding in order to improve:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
A breakdown of the projected expenditure for the year 2017/18 is shown below.
After School Clubs
Monday - Multi Skills with Mr Stratford
Tuesday - Gymnastics with a Team Activ Coach
Wednesday - Football with a Team Activ Sports Coach
Thursday - Gymnastics with a Team Activ Sports Coach
Thursday 18th October - Boys Football Qualifiers