Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
WEBANYWHERE LIMITED (‘We’, ‘Our’ or ‘Us’) are committed to safeguarding your privacy as a user of Our:
(1) website: https://webanywhere.co.uk; and/or
(2) application: School Jotter,
collectively, the ‘Services’.
We process and control your personal data and for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’) and the General Data Protection Regulations (2016/679) (‘GDPR’) We are a
(1) 'Data Controller’: meaning We determines the purpose and method of processing your personal data; and
(2) ‘Data Processor’: meaning We collect, record, organise, structure, store, use and otherwise deal with your personal data.
Personal data we may collect about you
Below We set out:
the general categories of personal data We collect and process;
the purposes for which We collect and process that personal data; and the legal basis for processing that personal data.
- ‘Account Data’ - This is information you provide to Us when registering for Our Services. Account Data includes your name, email address and location of home address (GPS). Account Data is processed for the purposes of setting up, providing access to and operating your account. The basis for processing this information is our legitimate interest in the proper administration of our Services.
- ‘Communication Data’ - This is information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to Us. Communication Data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and recording Our communications with you. The basis for processing is Our legitimate interest in the proper administration of Our Services and communications with its users.
- ‘Content Data’ - This is any information, text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, or other information or material that you submit or otherwise distribute while using our Services. This is processed for the purposes of enabling you to use our Services and enhancing your user experience. The basis for processing this information is our legitimate interest in enabling you to; and enhancing your use of, our Services.
- ‘Enquiry Data’ - This is the information you provide to Us by contacting Us in relation to Our Services. Enquiry Data may be processed for the purposes of offering relevant services to you. The basis for this processing is Our legitimate interest in the proper administration of Our Services and communications with its users.
- ‘Profile Data’ - This is the information you may provide through your user profile. This includes your name, profile picture, children, interests and location. Profile Data may be processed for the purposes of enabling and monitoring your use of Our Services. The basis for this processing is your consent.
- ‘Usage Data’ - This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the Usage Data is Our analytics tracking system. This Usage Data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the Services. The basis for this processing is Our legitimate interest in monitoring and improving Our Services.
Special categories of personal data (Sensitive personal data)
We may receive sensitive personal data from you when you volunteer it while using our Services. Sensitive personal data includes information relating to:
- your racial or ethnic origin;
- your religious or philosophical beliefs;
- your political opinions;
- your membership of a trade union;
- your physical or mental health or condition;
- your genetics or biometrics; and
- your sexual life or orientation.
We will only process any such sensitive personal data with your consent.
Processing personal data out of a necessity and/or legal obligation
We may process any of your personal data where it is:
- necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or otherwise. The basis for this processing is Our legitimate interest in the protection of; and being able to assert, Our legal rights, your legal rights and the legal rights of others; and/or
- necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
Personal data provided by third parties
Occasionally We may receive personal data about you from third parties, which We will add to the data We already hold about you in order to help Us deliver and improve Our service to you. Where appropriate and proportionate, We will advise of the source and type of that data. Your rights in relation to that personal data are also as set out below.
Who your data might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data:
- to other companies within Our group (including any subsidiaries) insofar as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy;
- subject to your consent, to Our agents and service providers, insofar as is reasonably necessary in providing Our services to you. This includes:
- Social media providers - to the extent that Our services interact with theirs;
- Our platform host - Google Firebase
- to protect your vital interests or those of another where We have a legitimate concern about your or their safety; and
- to law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or otherwise in compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject.
We may use your email address to send marketing communications by email, including:
- advertisements and offers; and
- new developments or changes to the Services.
You will be asked to expressly agree in advance to Our use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You may opt out or instruct Us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- We store your personal data on secure servers;
While We will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason We cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact Us using Our contact details below.
International transfers of your personal data
Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA, we will ensure that:
- the European Commission has made an adequacy decision regarding the data protection laws of that country; or
- transfers to that country will be protected by appropriate safeguards, such as an data protection agreement obliging the recipient to provide the same or similar protections that We do;
and that they only use your personal data in accordance with Our instructions.
The hosting facilities for Our Services are situated in the United States of America.
Retaining and deleting personal data
The personal data that We process will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the processing purpose.
We will retain your personal data for the duration of the period that your account is open. At the end of that period it will be deleted from our systems.
In some instances, your personal data may be retained for a longer period. This includes:
where necessary for Us to defend or bring any actual or contemplated legal proceedings;
We may retain your personal data up to 6 years where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- recognise you whenever you visit the Services (this speeds up your access to the Services as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand your requirements and interests;
- target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our Services, for example Google Analytics. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our Services. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
Description of cookies
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Name of cookie||Owner||Purpose for the cookie|
|__cfduid||This identifies individual users behind a shared IP address and applies security settings on a per-user basis.|
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our services.